Hello my sweet friends, Happy Belated Canada Day to my fellow Canadians. I hope you are not to bummed about the fact that we couldn’t all celebrate together, and I hope you had a lovely Canada Day!
Today I wanted to do something a little different. We have hit over 200+ followers on this blog, and I realized that with so many new faces some of you might not know much about me. So what better way to tell you all more about myself than with Vogue’s 73 Questions. I’m so sure some of you have seen an example of this video done on YouTube with some of the worlds most popular musicians and actors, but if you haven’t I have included a link you can click here, to show you an example of what it is.
Let’s get into it!
VOGUE’S 73 QUESTIONS
1. On a scale of 1-10, how excited are you about life right now?
A 10 for sure. It’s honestly very rarely lower than that.
2. Describe yourself in a hashtag?
3. If you could do a love scene with anyone, who would it be?
Harry Styles of course. Are you kidding me? Maybe possibly Chris Hemsworth if Harry is unavailable but for sure my first pick is Harry.
4. If your life was a musical, what would the marquee say?
“Good Time Enthusiast”
5. What’s one thing people don’t know about you?
That I love history. I know so many random facts about the Titanic and World War 2.
6. What’s your wakeup ritual?
Get up, do some affirmations, dance it out get ready and GO. In all seriousness you can read about my morning routine here.
7. What’s your go to bed ritual?
I usually wash my face, brush my teeth, little skincare and then to bed I go. I scroll on my phone before I eventually fall asleep but really want to try and stop this horrible habit. I hate that it’s the last thing I do before I go to bed.
8. What’s your favourite time of day?
7am – 9am and probably around 6pm – 10pm in the summer! Summer nights are my favourite.
9. What is one thing no one knows about you?
That I have always wanted to do a mission trip, to build a school in Africa, or start a program to help girls in 3rd world countries learn, something that can impact the world in a positive way.
10. Dream country to visit?
Kenya ! It’s just breathtakingly beautiful, and I think it’s really cool to be able to go back and see the place that my parents grew up.
11. What’s the biggest surprise you’ve had?
So lame in the grand scheme of surprises BUT last year for my birthday my best friends came over and surprised me and took me to do an escape room. It was just so nice, such a great surprise and I was so damn excited. We ended up getting McDonald’s and watching Twilight so all in all a great night.
12. Heels or flats/sneakers?
Booties LOL I can live in a good black bootie.
13. Vintage or new?
Both, I think it depends on what. I love vintage cameras, record players, photos and little house trinkets but I do love new bed sheets, new books, new clothes !
14. Who do you want to write your obituary?
Oh boy, this is dark. Maybe my sister? Or a best friend.
15. Style icon?
I have a couple. One of my favourites is a YouTuber my the name of Tess Christine, I have linked her Instagram here. I own probably exactly the same closet that she does. I love her style. But if you want a celebrity probably Kendall Jenner.
16. What are three things you can’t live without?
Music, Friends/Family and good food.
17. What’s one ingredient you put in everything?
Garlic and Onions. I literally, every single time the recipe calls for a certain amount of garlic I double it. It’s just so good.
18. What 3 people living or dead would you like to make dinner for?
Michelle Obama, Ellen DeGeneres and Harry Styles I feel like that’s a solid three.
19. What’s your biggest fear in life?
Probably my mom or dad passing away before I get married or have kids.
20. Window or aisle seat?
Asile. I pee a lot.
21. What’s your current TV obsession?
How to Get Away With Murder
22. Favorite app?
23. Secret talent?
I can play My Heart Will Go On on the Recorder
24. Most adventurous thing you’ve done in your life?
This question makes me feel lame. I can’t think of one off the top of my head but maybe spontaneously driving to Seattle when I was in Vancouver last summer.
25. How would you define yourself in three words?
Hardworking, Empathetic and Loud.
26. Favourite piece of clothing you own?
This leather jacket that my best friends got me a couple years ago. It is embroidered with flowers and studs and I am OBSESSED with it. It’s such a timeless piece.
27. Must have clothing item everyone should have?
A good leather jacket, and a pair of white sneakers.
28. Superpower you would want?
Super Speed. The amount of things I could get done MY GOD.
29. What’s inspiring you in life right now?
This time we’ve had off has been super inspiring. I feel the most creative I’ve ever felt over the last 3 and half months.
30. Best piece of advice you’ve received?
You can only ever control two things in life: Your effort and your attitude.
31. Best advice you’d give your teenage self?
Keep fighting for your dreams. It will all pay off.
32. A book that everyone should read?
The Shack by William P Young
33. What would you like to be remembered for?
Hopefully how I treat people.
34. How do you define beauty?
By the way you treat people, the kind of heart that you have. A beautiful person to me is someone like my mom, completely selfless.
35. What do you love most about your body?
I love that it is strong. My body is resilient and it’s strong, it’s healthy. I love that it literally works without me thinking about it every single day.
36. Best way to take a rest/decompress?
Comfy clothes, light a candle, get a good book and just read! Or going for a long walk or run.
37. Favourite place to view art?
Spotify? Is that like really deep? LOL
38. If your life were a song, what would the title be?
“Watch Her Go”
39. If you could master one instrument, what would it be?
I used to play piano, but I really want to be a master of it. I think it’s by far the coolest instrument.
40. If you had a tattoo, where would it be?
I actually do have a tattoo ! It’s on my wrist.
41. Dolphins or koalas?
Dolphins for sure. I am pretty sure I was a whale in another life.
42. What’s your spirit animal?
Elephant! I’ve always loved elephants.
43. Best gift you’ve ever received?
I was gifted this film camera from a friend who found it in her parents garage, and she knew how long I was looking for a good one. It was a very unexpected gift that I will treasure forever.
44. Best gift you’ve ever give?
I most recently gave my little cousin an elephant for her birthday ! I adopted it on behalf of her.
45. What’s your favourite board game?
Oh man, I love SO many boardgames. Currently my favourite boardgames would be Anomia, Codenames and I do LOVE Clue.
46. What’s your favourite colour?
Recently been loving green ! But always been a musky blue-grey.
47. Least favourite colour?
Hot Pink and Orange.
48. Diamonds or pearls?
49. Drugstore makeup or designer?
A little bit of both? Because they don’t have the most diverse shades in a drug store I usually have to use high end makeup.
50. Blow-dry or air-dry?
Air-dry ! Unless I’m in a rush to go somewhere.
51. Pilates or yoga?
Yoga? Neither? Can I run!
52. Coffee or tea?
Tea! Yorkshire Tea.
53. What’s the weirdest word in the English language?
54. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
Dark Chocolate !
55. Stairs or elevator?
56. Summer or winter?
57. You are stuck on an island, you can pick one food to eat forever without getting tired of it, what would you eat?
I can already east pasta without ever getting sick of it so PASTA.
58. A desert you don’t like?
59. A skill you’re working on mastering?
Building a website! I am going to be helping a couple friends with their shopify accounts and I really want to get good at building/setting up a website.
60. Best thing to happen to you today?
Maybe I’ll talk about it in another post….:)
61. Worst thing to happen to you today?
My mom not laughing at the joke I told her this morning.
62. Best compliment you’ve ever received?
Someone once told me that I was a “70’s Soul” I LOVED that compliment, I have it in my Instagram Bio and I actually have it saved on my phone for a future clothing line one day.
63. Favorite smell?
Vanilla and Tobacco together.
64. Hugs or kisses?
65. If you made a documentary, what would it be about?
How the media industry shapes at least 65% of what we think and who we are as people and the psychology around that.
66. Last piece of content you consumed that made you cry?
An episode of How To Get Away with Murder.
67. Lipstick or lip gloss?
68. Sweet or savoury?
Mostly savoury but I’m not one or the other.
69. Girl crush?
Kendall Jenner !
70. How you know you’re in love?
I think you reach this level of comfort like no other. It’s never in the grad moments, but in all the little ones in between. You just genuinely don’t want anything bad to ever happen to that person, and you would go out of your way to prevent anything bad from happening to them – if you can help it. It’s not one of those things where you wake up and you’re like “I’m in love with so and so” it’s this gradual feelings of awareness over time that amounts to it. At least that’s what I’ve experienced in the past.
71. Song you can listen to on repeat?
How Deep is Your Love – The Bee Gees.
72. What are you most excited about at this time in your life?
Beginnings. I think there’s so many beginnings that are surrounding us, how can I not be excited?
73. Your affirmation for today?
I am enough.
I hope you enjoyed this post today ! & I hope that wherever you are in the world you are safe and healthy and that you are so excited for the weekend ahead.
Until next time.